Thursday, November 17, 2005

8 days away... it 's easy!

So in about a week and a day I'll be out of here, finally away from all of your sorry @sses! No , REALLY in truth i miss the ones closest to me already.
I can be known as a nomad of sorts sometimes but rarely have i been more than a few miles from someone i know, even when i am a thousand miles from NYC. Times that i have are for a few days or a week at best. It's sinking in Now that not only will i be dolo (solo 4 u lamens)for 12 or so weeks but, being a born conversationalist, i can't quite have the elaborate and enlightning conversations with anyone because they will all speak Spanish. Yet anyways. Its fustrating because it's like trying to express your current thoughts using the cache of words you held when you were 5 or 6 years old. It'll comes across but it'll lack a certain clarity or depth, for right now anyways. The Cancer in me moves along patiently.

I've got a secret to tell you shhhh... I haven't packed yet!!! WELL, i have gathered most of the things into an easily compilable area, but the suitcase is definitely sunbathing in the house right now. The Cancer in me also procrastinates sometimes ;-D but honestly i just hate to have my clothes sitting folded and earning permanent creases before i travel somewhere. I can usually peruse my wardrobe to see what needs to be done to what, tailored, tossed, re-bought, replaced or whatever and then *mentally peice together the whole thing, packing about 2 or 3 days in advance.

I make this look easy because it is to me:
So far from this side of the mason-dixon everything has been too easy. (¿pero por qué es tan fácil?) Let me assure you that the funding for my housing AND schooling for these 3 months has not surpassed $2K and the only things left to pay for are in the food, party, more-new-clothes, & souvenir category.

If you're hesitating to live abroad somewhere, know that it doesn't have to cost a 5% Percent A-L-L-A-H (an Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, and a Head LOLOLOL.. ok i 'm foolish). It only takes research, and more research. Had i just jumped up and went i would have missed all the advice and recommendations and knowledge (and savings) that due diligence can bring. So to that end i say...

Just do it

8 days until lift-off.

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man. What an inspiration. = )

Its refreshing to see someone making moves..just following your heart, exploring the world. The world is much bigger than Laurelton, I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had...I miss home, but there's a lot more to see.

Get packin' slacker! ; ) I'm excited for you!

-diana

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What your doing is awesome. You're truly living outside the box. People always think that the US is the place to be, but there are other places that are just as nice if not better. Sometimes I don't know why people come here. I beleive that in a couple of years My family will be leaving the US. It's all about growth. You have some people that have never left their hometown (I know several people like that). They are born there, go to school, get a job, die and have never explored life. I applaude your decision and your courage. Wishing you good vibes on your journey

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Shaun aka TRIFLEmc said...

Diana!
Thanks for the support and keep doing you. I and the friends we both know are all proud of you and shocked quite frankly :) that you went so far down. How cold does it get in FL in the winter?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Shaun aka TRIFLEmc said...

Nappilyyou,

Thanks for stopping by and following the journey, all of them. I enjoyed your Haiti album and in turn am inspired to create my own on Trinidad and Tobago. Peace and blessings
TRIFLEmc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home